Monday, July 26, 2021

First day at the new job!

Today was my first day at my new job! The commute was less bad than I was expecting - about 45 minutes in the morning and I think would have been the same in the afternoon, but we were sent to another facility about 30 miles north of the office, so it was only about an hour fifteen total. I could have done it in an hour if I'd taken the first toll road, but I wasn't in a hurry.

I was a little stressed this morning trying to get out the door - one of my cats went out for his daily constitutional and stayed out much longer than I expected, and when I finally convinced him to come in, the other one decided today was a great day for one of her twice-monthly excursions and shot out the door as he was coming in. Luckily, she came in just as I was ready to leave. I had already set up a bed outside and food and water under the assumption she would just have to chill outside until I came back. 

Anyway, because I was so frazzled about the dang cats this morning that I forgot my gym bag! I had everything all packed and ready, too - I even remembered to get socks this morning when I forgot to pack them last night. I know myself really well and I knew that if I came home I wouldn't go to the gym... and sure enough, I did not. Instead I ordered pizza to celebrate my first day! I regret nothing.

I have some other stuff I want to post about (I forgot my June net worth update - but at this point I may just wait for July to be over - and I went on a last-minute trip to Boston last weekend and want to break down my spending), but for now this is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two month (and change) check-in

The job change has had me more scrambled than I expected! I'm loving the new role, even though the commute is still pretty rough. (Hurra...